While are ARE NOT a 24 hour facility, we do offer emergency services during our regular hours. Should you feel your pet is experiencing a critical emergency, please call (250) 478 4075, or we also offer emergency walk in's at any time.
Unsure if your pet is having an emergency? While we can never truly know the state of your pet until they are seen by one of our veterinarians, common signs that your pet is in need of immediate medical attention include:
- Difficulty breathing, open mouth breathing or using extra effort to breathe
- Stumbling, or unable to stand
- Known toxin ingestion (Chocolate, raisins, anti-freeze, lilies (cats) for example)
- Sudden and frequent vomiting
- Frequent, non-productive attempts at vomiting
- Frequent, non-productive attempts at urinating
If you feel your pet is experiencing an emergency, or have any questions about a symptom your pet may be experiencing, please call our office (250 478 4075) so we can best guide you. Some emergencies, and those outside of our regular office hours, require immediate referral to the Central Victoria Veterinary Hospital (250 475 2495), a 24 hour walk in hospital located at 760 Roderick St, Victoria, BC (Roderick and Douglas)
Please note, that while we see emergencies during our regular office hours, we do not have overnight monitoring. Because of this, the Veterinarian may recommended transfer to the Central Victoria Veterinary Hospital for overnight care and continuous monitoring.